15, Nov , 2008:
Dhvani 0.94 Released
A new version of Dhvani -The Indian Language Text to Speech System is available now. The new version comes with the following improvements/features
Dhvani documentation is available here.
Binary packages and source code are available here
There was good amount of code change in this version. Still there are many improvements to do in language modules and synthesizer. Some of the language modules requires developers who speak that language. Syntheziser got some improvements and require some amount of research to make the speech more natural. So your feedbacks, suggestions, bug reports and patches are valuable.
- Rahul Bhalerao for Marathi module and patches
- Zabeehkhan for Pashto Module
- Nirupama, CDAC Chennai and CDAC Noida people for testing and reporting bugs
- NRCFOSS Chennai, Krishnakanth Mane and many others for feedbacks
- Amida Simputer team for patches on Telugu module especially the Telugu number reading logic
- Debayan and Roshan for testing and informing problems
24, June , 2008:
Marathi Support is available in the CVS now. Thanks to Rahul Bhalerao.
15, May , 2008:
Tamil Support is available in the CVS now. Help from Tamilian developers are requested to correct the pronunciation
12, April, 2008:
Dhvani won the FOSS India award 2008, an award by Linux For You Magazine to idendify the Indian FOSS Contributions. Dhvani was in 3rd position and scored 76 out of 100 in the evaluation
More news about the award
Linux for You Magazine April 2008 issue had an article on Dhvani